Nordlogway presents sustainability report
During the 2021 lockdown in Nordlodway we wanted to take yet another step in our commitment to inform our customers and partners about the company’s course.
The report, which starts with a letter by the president Francesc Llorens, helps to gain a clear understanding of the activity, trajectory and the future commitments in the area of sustainability in a triple approach: economic, social and environmental.
In this article we will talk about the principal points of the report, which you can also read following this link. Let’s start from the beginning though:
What is Nordlogway and what are we devoted to?
Nordlogway is a 3PL logistics operator located in the province of Barcelona: in the Osona and Vallès counties to be more precise.
Our facilities are well connected with the principal transport routes towards France, the rest of the peninsula and the port and the airport of Barcelona.
We offer our customers integral logistics services which range from total or partial ‘in house’ logistics, through transport services or e-logistics management which includes all the processes such as reception, storage, picking, packaging and inverse logistics.
Yet, we prepared this report because we believe that our commitment to the society and territory is much more than an income statement and that it is possible to grow in a sustainable way, having in consideration the preservation of the environment and welfare of our planet.
What are our opportunities for impact?
As a company which is committed to carry out its activity in a sustainable way, we have been working to identify opportunities for impact in our sector. We are aware of the severe impact which mobility of goods involves and that is why we have set our environmental sustainability objectives.
To complete the analysis, we have gathered the views of our interest group, such as workers, suppliers and customers in order to identify opportunities on a social and economic level.
The result is a map with six areas of sustainability approach:
In relation to our facilities and operational processes, we have identified the following improvement opportunities:
- Increase the efficiency of our processes. In order to do that, we have initiated a process of concentrating our activity and we are expanding our facilities so that we can minimise travelling and augment productivity in our logistics processes.
- Promote waste recycling. Although we already have specific containers for plastic, strap and adhesive labels, we are committed to continue decreasing the amount of non-segregated waste. On the other hand, we will continue reusing cardboard and wood from damaged pallets.
- Reduce power consumption. Our goal for 2022 is to increase the use of 100% renewable energies through a system of photovoltaic panels located on roofs which will generate part of electric power that is required for the facilities in a renewable and sustainable way.
- Reduce the use of paper.Digitalisation of our processes has already allowed us to reduce the use of paper significantly, but our objective is to eliminate, in the first term, the paper which is used for invoice printing, both when selling and from our suppliers.
- Supply chain
In reference to our transport suppliers, our objectives for the year 2022 are the following:
- Commitment to sustainable transport. We want30% of our transport suppliers to have the float of vehicles with EURO 6 certification. This accreditation guarantees that the vehicles are fitted with technology which reduces emission of polluting particles by 6.
- Relation with suppliers.We recognise and will keep on recognising the importance of our suppliers for the quality of final service and we treat them according to the ethical principles on which our company was built. We want to continue working together to guarantee that our activity has a positive impact on society, on our planet and on our people.
- Usage of local resources, as well as local products and services.We opt, as often as it is possible, for local companies so as to generate riches within our territory, as well as to reduce environmental impact caused by transport. During the year 2022 we will carry out a study to include the criteria of selection based on the relation of sustainability and viability.
We are strongly committed to our workers, which we have proved through the following areas of commitment:
- Diversity and inclusion. Wesupport the idea that all the posts should be free of any kind of harassment and discrimination on the basis of age, race, religion, ethnicity, origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We put people first.
- Concentration of local workers. With the double objective: to generate economic value in the territory and reduce mobility and its environmental impact, we try to employ workers from our or neighbourhood counties.
We are proud to announce that we have improved our customer’s satisfaction index in comparison to the year 2020 and we are committed to keep on improving day by day.
- Customer’s satisfaction. Our company’s historyhas always been focused on constant willingness to be useful and satisfy our customers’ needs in the whole process of carrying out a service. Our objective for the year 2022 is to get the certification of ISO 14.001, a quality and environment standard to live up to our customers’ expectations.
- Digitalisation has allowed us to be more efficient and minimise incidents. In the year 2021 we achieved ISO 9.001 certification again, as well as other certifications required by our customers.
- Social environment
- Committed to the environment. We want to contribute to a more sustainable world, so we allocate some of our resources to causes that are not related to our activity or territory. Moreover, we take part in the Strategic plan logistics of Catalonia to be able to share knowledge in our area of influence.
- Transparent communication. Our strategiesof communication and marketing are designed to comply with coherence and transparency standards. For that reason, we avoid statements which may prompt falsehood or ambiguity of information and we look for assessment through external consulting which allows us to offer a high quality communication with our interest groups.
What do you think about these commitments in the area of economic, social and environmental sustainability?
For more information, do not hesitate to consult the entire report through this link.